My Kmart nail glue exploded in my face and ruined my car – now I’m warning others

DURING a shopping trip at Kmart, an Australian woman said she bought a container of artificial nail glue.

Then, she said, the container “exploded,” leaving her shocked and her car a mess.

3

Caitlin Douglas claimed a bottle of nail glue from Kmart ‘exploded’ in her carCredit: TikTok/caitlinrosedouglas_
The adhesive is from the brand OXX Cosmetics and sold in Australia

3

The adhesive is from the brand OXX Cosmetics and sold in AustraliaCredit: TikTok/caitlinrosedouglas_

Caitlin Douglas (@caitlinrosedouglas_) posted a video to TikTok where she shared photos to support her claims.

In the video montage, Douglas showed a bottle of False Nail Adhesive from the brand OXX Cosmetics.

OXX Cosmetics is one of Kmart Australia’s in-store brands, and is not sold in the United States or affiliated with U.S. Kmart stores.

“Don’t every buy this nail glue from Kmart,” Douglas wrote in the video’s caption.

She claimed, “It literally exploded in my face and ruined my car.”

In one photo Douglas posted, a thin coating of glue visible on her hands, and dripping down her face near her eye.

The next showed the glue spilled over the center console of her car.

In the comments of the video, Douglas said that she reached out to Kmart Australia about her experience.

Most read in Hair & Beauty

In a statement to The U.S. Sun, a Kmart Australia spokesperson stated, “We take feedback on the safety and quality of our products very seriously.”

The spokesperson said Kmart has “been in contact with this customer and are looking into this incident with our quality team.”

Douglas shared pictures of her face, hand, and the center console of her car

3

Douglas shared pictures of her face, hand, and the center console of her carCredit: TikTok/caitlinrosedouglas_

“All of our products also come with the appropriate warnings and labels so that our customers can make informed purchases,” the statement continued.

The spokesperson urged consumers to follow included guidelines to “use the product in a safe manner” and contact  kmartcustomerservice@kmart.com.au with questions.

The U.S. Sun also reached out to Douglas, but had not received a response at the time of publication.

Some commenters on the video Douglas posted asked her if she had used the nail glue under hot conditions.

The adhesive’s guidelines instruct consumers to keep the product away from heat and flame.

But Douglas explained that, while it was a warm day outside, she did not open the glue under hot conditions.

“It wasn’t hot. I bought it and opened it straight away,” Douglas wrote in a comment.

In another comment, she said the air conditioning was on in her car when she opened the package.

Beauty fan mortified after her bum implants almost fall out
I have creepy 'proof' Facebook is listening to me, woman claims

Douglas also wrote that she was physically unharmed, but her car sustained damage.

“I scrubbed myself to get it off but I had to replace the center console in my car,” she claimed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *